West Sussex residents are being invited to have their say on how children in the county can get the best start in life.
They, and the whole community, are being asked for their views on a new plan to help all children thrive and prosper now and in the future.
The West Sussex Families Plan has been drafted by West Sussex County Council along with district and borough authorities, Sussex Police, and the NHS, and sets out how this partnership will ensure:
• Children and young people get the best start in life
• Children and young people are safe and secure
• Families are resilient and able to access support when they need it
• Children, young people and families succeed in learning, work and life.
Peter Evans, WSCC’s cabinet member for children – start of life, said: “This plan is our statement of shared ambitions for how we believe we can make a positive and significant difference to the life chances and experiences of children, young people and families in West Sussex.”
The plan also highlights how the partnership will help:
• New mothers, including teenage parents
• Children and young people who are bullied
• Children and young people who are subject to neglect and abuse.
To make sure everyone in the community is involved, WSCC is asking residents to read a draft plan then fill in a short survey as part of a four week consultation.
Mr Evans added: “We know families and businesses are very busy but we’re hoping everyone will take a few minutes to give their views on our new plan.
“Getting this right will make a huge difference to the future life chances and experiences of children, young people and families in West Sussex.”
The plan will cover the period 2015 – 2020.
To find out more information and to take part in the consultation visit WSCC’s website.
For a paper copy or alternative formats of the survey please call Lisa Prudente on 03302226981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.