Fire crews put out Haywards Heath chimney fire

Fire and rescue service

Fire and rescue service

0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a chimney fire in Haywards Heath.

The three crews left for the scene after a smell of burning was reported in the home’s loft space in Pasture Hill Road at 7.22pm yesterday (Sunday January 31)

A West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said firefighters put out the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher and chimney kit. The two Haywards Heath crews and Horsham’s aerial ladder platform crew were in attendance for an hour and a half.

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to confirm there was no fire in the loft.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.