DCSIMG

Balcombe kitchen fire causes smoke logging

editorial image

editorial image

Fire crews spent nearly seven hours at a house in Balcombe helping to clear up after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

The emergency happened last night (tuesday) with the fire and rescue service receiving a call at 7.53pm.

The drama was at a house in Bramble Mead, Balcombe, where a gas cooker in the ground floor kitchen caught light.

The incident caused what the fire service described as heavy smoke logging in the house with two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus deployed to check out the property.

A large fan was used afterwards to help clear the dense smoke from the property.

A fire crew from Turners Hill went to the scene with another crew helping from Crawley.

The rescue service remained at the site until 2.30am this morning.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page