Fire fighters stopped a blaze early today that could have destroyed a sports pavilion.
They were called just after 1am to Lindfield Tennis Club pavilion on Lindfield Common, next to the village’s cricket club.
They they restricted the fire to a small blaze on wooden decking at the porch and spent about an hour at building.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the blaze was accidental and caused by being spread from a nearby bonfire.
The pavilion was not severely damaged in the blaze on Tuesday, which was extinquished by a crew from Haywards Heath.