Home is indeed sweet home for Joy and John Standing, who celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary tomorrow (Thursday)
Joy, maiden name Stoner, and John still live in the bungalow in Livingtone Road, Burgess Hill that they build themselves more than 55 years ago.
They married on February 28 1953 at St Andrew’s Church, Cants Lane, Burgess Hill and brought up two twin daughters Margaret and Jill, now 55.
Margaret has been married to Graham for 35 years in August and they have two daughters.
Margaret and Graham’s eldest daughter Leanne, 28, is married with two sons Ethan, three, and baby Jack, three months. Their other daughter Rachel ,24, was the only grandchild of Joy and John not present at family party at the Thatched Inn Keymer on Saturday on 23rd because she is working at a ski resort in La Rosiere, France.
John and Joy’s other twin daughter Jill has been married to Andrew for 35 years and has two sons; the elder son Simon, 33, has a daughter Olivia, one, and their younger son is Mark, 30.
- COMMENT: The unstoppable rise of UKIP in West Sussex?
- In this week’s Mid Sussex Times
- Man arrested during Mid Sussex day of action
- Lindfield arts and film festival this weekend
- From the back pages, May 10: ‘It will be hard to follow the best manager ever’: David Moyes given huge six-year deal at Manchester United
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haywards Heath
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South east
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west