Almost £4,000 was raised for the Sussex Cancer Fund from a special raffle with a star prize at the Amex Stadium at Falmer.
The prize was an executive box at the new stadium with lunch for ten people.
A cheque for £3,840 was presented to Sophie O’Brien, Chemotherapy Nurse Manager at The Cancer Centre based at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton.
Margaret Bishop, from Hurstpierpoint who promoted the raffle would like to thank A & A Construction Co. and Amex caterers for donating the prize.
Thanks also go to the many people who gave their support and helped to achieve such a great result for a worthy local charity.
The lucky winner of the ticket (No 00878) lives in Burgess Hill.
Pictured from left: Margaret Bishop, Sophie O’Brien, Nurse Manager at the Sussex Cancer Centre, Alan Sablon from A & A Construction and Lee Harvey, Matron at the Sussex Cancer Centre.
- COMMENT: The unstoppable rise of UKIP in West Sussex?
- In this week’s Mid Sussex Times
- Man arrested during Mid Sussex day of action
- Lindfield arts and film festival this weekend
- From the back pages, May 10: ‘It will be hard to follow the best manager ever’: David Moyes given huge six-year deal at Manchester United
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haywards Heath
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South east
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west