A road collapsed in the countryside near Burgess Hill.
999 services were called to Cuckfield Road between Ansty and Goddards Green to deal with a large hole.
Experts from West Sussex County Council later attended and police also helped deal with the incident, which happened yesterday afternoon (January 30.)
No-one was hurt during the collapse.
- COMMENT: The unstoppable rise of UKIP in West Sussex?
- In this week’s Mid Sussex Times
- Man arrested during Mid Sussex day of action
- Lindfield arts and film festival this weekend
- From the back pages, May 10: ‘It will be hard to follow the best manager ever’: David Moyes given huge six-year deal at Manchester United
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haywards Heath
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west