DCSIMG

Smoke alarm saves man in Portsmouth house blaze

editorial image

editorial image

 

A MAN managed to escape when his house caught fire after he was alerted by a smoke alarm.

A fridge freezer caught light in the kitchen at the rear of the terrace house on Thornycroft Road, Fratton, at 5.30am today.

Three fire trucks from Southsea were dispatched to the blaze and 15 firefighters put out the fire by 6.45am

The 22-year-old man was checked over by paramedics and was unhurt.

Firefighters said the smoke alarm woke the occupier up, meaning he was able to escape quickly and call for help, which meant the damage was contained the kitchen.

A spokesman from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service reinforced the importance of smoke alarms and encouraged people to test them regularly.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page