Wivelsfield has secured Olympic legacy funding from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Fund.
The fund is part of the £150M Places People Play legacy programme that is bringing the magic of the Olympics and Paralympics into communities across the country. All new facilities will carry the London 2012 Inspire mark.
Wivelsfield Village Hall and Recreation Ground Management Committee will receive
£20,825 to build a football wall and a secure storage shed for maintenance equipment.
Local MP Norman Baker said: “I congratulate all those who worked hard to secure this funding for the benefit of local residents.”
- COMMENT: The unstoppable rise of UKIP in West Sussex?
- In this week’s Mid Sussex Times
- Man arrested during Mid Sussex day of action
- Lindfield arts and film festival this weekend
- From the back pages, May 10: ‘It will be hard to follow the best manager ever’: David Moyes given huge six-year deal at Manchester United
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haywards Heath
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west