Firefighters were called to a chip pan fire in Haywards Heath.
The fire was in the kitchen of a property in Cattswood Lane on Wednesday, November 28, at 4.58pm.
The fire was out on arrival and advice was given to the residents.
A spokesperson for the Fire and Rescue Service’s community protection team said: “In the event of a chip pan fire, we urge people to follow these vital guidelines: you should only ever tackle a pan fire if it’s in its early stages and you are completely sure you can put it out and stay safe. NEVER throw water on a pan fire.
“The best advice is: Get out. Stay out. And call 999 for the Fire Service, ensure you have a working smoke alarm and ensure you have an escape plan, so that you know what to do.”
Fire safety advice is available from 01243 752451 or www.wsfb.co.uk
- COMMENT: The unstoppable rise of UKIP in West Sussex?
- In this week’s Mid Sussex Times
- Man arrested during Mid Sussex day of action
- Lindfield arts and film festival this weekend
- From the back pages, May 10: ‘It will be hard to follow the best manager ever’: David Moyes given huge six-year deal at Manchester United
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haywards Heath
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west