Propane cylinders removed from Warninglid garage fire

editorial image

A garage has been destroyed by fire at the back of a property in Warninglid Lane, Warninglid.

Firefighters from West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze at 1.46pm on Monday, April 20.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said the domestic garage had been ‘destroyed by fire’. She said: “Two 25kg propane cylinders were removed from the garage and cooled using hose reels.”

The fire is believed to be accidental. Firefighters used three breathing apparatus, three hose reels and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the fire.

Crews were called from Haywards Heath, Horsham, Crawley and Horsham. They left the scene at 3.12pm.