Unattended candle sparks fire at Burgess Hill home

editorial image
0
Have your say

An unattended candle caused a fire at a home in Burgess Hill last night, the fire service has said.

Firefighters were called to a property in West Street at around 10.45pm.

A spokesman for the fire service said an unattended candle set fire to a pile of clothes in the first floor bedroom of the home.

Two crews from Burgess Hill attended the small fire and extinguished the flames with a hose reel.

No-one was injured and the property was not damaged, the spokesman added.

The fire is being treated as an accident.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes

3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.