Video update: Elderly man in Burgess Hill bungalow fire

An elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at his bungalow in Malthouse Lane, Burgess Hill.

The fire broke out at 2pm on Sunday (January 25).

SUS-150125-213809001

SUS-150125-213809001

A spokeswoman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “An elderly man has suffered a fire that severely damaged his bungalow. The man didn’t have a smoke detector and the alarm was only raised when his nearby neighbours’ alarm activated.”

The man was treated at the scene by paramedics.

The fire service said all of the bungalow was severely damaged by fire, heat and smoke.

Fire rips through Burgess Hill bungalow