Woman treated for smoke inhalation after home damaged by fire

Fire
Fire

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a home was severely damaged by a fire.

Firefighters from Haywards Heath and Crawley were called to Chatfield Road at around 3.30pm.

A spokesman for the fire service said a fire broke out in the kitchen of the home.

Around 60 per cent of the kitchen was damaged by flames whilst the whole property was damaged by heat and smoke, the spokesman added.

The fire service said a woman was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using a hose reel.

Crews left the scene at around 5.40pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes

3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.