Hurstpierpoint man jailed for sexual offences
A Hurstpierpoint man has been sentenced to a total of 18 years imprisonment, having been convicted of a total of 49 sexual offences involving 13 teenage boys.
Christopher Mancini, 19, of Pierpoint Close, Hurstpierpoint, was sentenced at Lewes Crown Court today (Friday January 24).
He was sentenced to a total of 18 years imprisonment, the first ten years to be served in custody.
Mancini was convicted on Wednesday October 9 2013 of 34 sexual offences involving ten boys, between 2005 and 2012.
Of those offences, 24 were of causing or inciting sexual activity, five were of sexual assault, four were of making indecent images of children, and one was of rape.
Detective chief inspector Dave Wardley-Wilkins said; “The offences of which Mancini has now been convicted came to our notice in October 2012, and a full investigation was immediately set up, in which we worked closely with West Sussex Children’s Services in order to establish the full circumstances and to help safeguard the victims and families involved.
“Mancini operated by targeting often vulnerable young boys in the area where he lived, whilst he himself was aged between 14 and 18.
“Once we received the information in 2012, our enquiries revealed further offending, resulting in the charges and Mancini’s conviction and sentencing.”
He continued by praising the work of police staff.
He said: “The dedicated work of detective constable Rebecca Wilde in particular, over many months, was key in enabling us to bring this young but predatory offender to justice.
“During her very thorough investigation no other current evidence emerged to justify further proceedings against Mancini at this time.”
Mancini was also issued with an indefinite Sexual Offences Prevention Order severely restricting his contact with young people and access to the Internet, and is required to register as sex offender indefinitely.
Six of the sexual activity offences took place online involving three boys in other areas of the UK.
All the other sexual activity offences were contact offences which took place in Mid Sussex involving boys known to Mancini.
He was found not guilty of one offence of rape.
Mancini first appeared at Crawley Magistrates Court on Saturday January 19 and was remanded in custody since then.
Anyone with further information or any other concerns they feel should be looked into can contact police on 101 or [email protected] at any time to arrange to talk in confidence to detectives.
Anyone else who seeks any other advice or support over matters of this kind can also contact police, or the Children’s Access Point operated by West Sussex County Council on 01403 229900.