Crawley Police has arrested 19 people and seized £110,000 of cash and drugs during a two-week crackdown on drug-related crime.
A police spokesman said Class A and B drugs with an estimated street value of £20,000 and £90,000 in cash were seized during Operation Enforcer. The 19 arrests were made for a variety of offences including drug possession and money laundering before the crackdown ended on Monday (March 28).
Sergeant Anthony Cheeseman, who led the operation, said: “This sends a clear message that drug usage and dealing will not be tolerated in Crawley.
“I am extremely pleased with the outcome of this operation and know a large part of its success comes down to our team’s positive engagements with the local community, especially with Crawley Borough Council.
“I want to assure residents that we will continue to actively target individuals and groups who choose to negatively impact our streets.”
If you have any concerns about drug-related activity email email@example.com or call 101.
Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 ( www.crimestoppers-uk.org).
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.