Police investigating a hate crime at a place of worship in Crawley have appealed for information.
Officers were informed ‘racist’ graffiti was written in a foreign language on the doors of the Noor Mosque in Langley Drive, Langley Green sometime between Wednesday (June 1) and Friday (June 3), a Sussex Police spokesman said.
Ahsan Ahmedi, spokesman for Ahmadiyya Muslim Association, said the words were a racist attack on members of the minority religious group.
He said: “We are now very concerned of that hatred against our community locally and if not nipped in the bud it may lead to something more serious.”
He added: “I feel if this is another warning sign that authorities need to be aware of. We are now increasing security.”
He said Crawley’s Ahmadi community included elders who emigrated from Pakistan having suffered similar attacks.
Witnesses or people with information can contact police by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 101 quoting serial 900 of 03/06.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.