The Independent State of Cuckfield Mayor’s Election – Friday 21st October at The Talbot from 8:30pm: To celebrate 50 years of the Independent State of Cuckfield, there are 50 candidates standing in this year’s election of the next Mayor of Cuckfield . Every vote in the election costs one penny, and anyone can vote for some or all of the candidates and as many times as they wish. The election is slightly different this year as the candidates with the lowest numbers of votes will be elimination between 9:00pm and 10:00pm, to leave the final 10 candidates to battle it out for the final hour of Election Night. We look forward to seeing you at the election.
The candidates for 2016 are as follows:
1. Ken Gregory, 2. Doreen Gregory, 3. Simon Bourke, 4. Matt Buck, 5. Dave Edwards, 6. Heather Gover, 7. Leanne Knapman, 8. Nicky Lawrence, 9. Jo Murphy, 10. Ted Murphy, 11. Annie Rees, 12. Mike Schlup, 13. Nick Rowe, 14. Luke Bohana, 15. Paul Moores, 16. Lee Sadler, 17. Carol Grant, 18. Mark Grant, 19. Michael Maine, 20. Roy Canfield. 21. Jimmy Stakim, 22. Sue Selby, 23. Liz Woods, 24. Richard Woods, 25. Jane Swain, 26. Tina Heath , 27. Gareth Knapman, 28. Tina Blackburn, 29. Wilf Knighton, 30. Chris Bunning, 31. Jan Atkinson, 32. Steve O-P, 33. Andrew Leask, 34. Chris Woods, 35. Claire Woods, 36. Vicky Parke, 37. Michael “Mudge” Smith, 38. Jordan Lee, 39. Ross Bradshaw & Pirate, 40. Gary Atkinson, 41. Debbie Schlup, 42. Malcolm Charman, 43. Rob McPhilemy, 44. Darren Woodford, 45. Evelyn Stenning, 46. Harriet Sheldon, 47. Paul Leppard, 48. David Birch, 49. Alan Walker, 50. Dean Harding
The money the Independent State of Cuckfield is able to distribute is thanks to the commitment and hard work of all the candidates taking part in the Mayor’s Election, and their many supporters, plus the generosity of the Cuckfield community in supporting all of the candidates. In 2015 the Independent State of Cuckfield was able to make donations to over 30 organisations. If you would like more information, then please contact Jim Ayling at the White Harte on 01444 413454 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Buffaloes: are returning to the Queen’s Hall, Cuckfield on Saturday 1st October at 7.30 to boost Josephine Murphy’s Mayoral Fund. Tickets are available from the White Harte, Cuckfield and on the door for £7.50. Cash Bar; Raffle; Vodka Shots. Information from email@example.com
All about ALOE: Find out all about ALOE and some amazing products at the White Harte pub, Cuckfield on 7th October at 8.00. A free glass of ‘bubbles’ on arrival. 20% of any sales will be donated to Leanne Knapman’s Mayoral fund
The Cuckfield Golf society: is holding it’s A.G.M on Thursday the 6th of October in the Rose and Crown, Cuckfield at 8pm. All new members welcome
Cuckfield Museum: is changing its opening hours (with immediate affect) to Wed, Thurs Fri mornings 10.00 -12.30pm and Sat 1.00 - 3.00pm. Our new railway exhibition, ‘Full Steam Ahead!’ continues till Dec 10th. More information at www.cuckfieldmuseum.org’
Local Market: This friendly local market will take place in the courtyard of the Talbot Pub in the centre of Cuckfield on 8th October from 9.30 until 12.30. It is organised and run by volunteers from Cuckfield for the benefit of the community and to support local food producers. There is a selection of home-cooked food, local cheeses, bread, meat, game, jams and honey and local organic vegetables.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes
3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.