Duck shed and gas cylinders alight in Lindfield

editorial image

No ducks were harmed in a fire that severely damaged a duck shed at a house in Lindfield yesterday (Wednesday May 2),

Six gas cylinders also burst into flames at the rear of the property in Monteswood Lane at about 8.40pm.

Firefighters established a 200m safety cordon around the home while they extinguished and cooled the cylinders.

Three hose reels, one of which was fixed, two breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera were used to fight the flames.

The duck shed, which measured 3m by 3m, was severely damaged in the accidental fire.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes

3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.