Home catches fire after lightning strike

Firefighters were called to the blaze yesterday (May 29)
Firefighters were called to the blaze yesterday (May 29)

A Haywards Heath home caught fire yesterday (May 29) after it was struck by lightning.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Maple Close at 1.30am in the morning, after reports of smoke coming from a garage.

A West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (WSFRS) spokesman said: “The fire had started in the electrical intake due to the lightning strike.

“The garage roof had been affected by the fire and crews left the scene at 2.29am.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.