WHSmith in Haywards Heath was evacuated and closed on Friday (July 14) after smoke was seen coming from the ceiling.
Fire crews were called to the shop in South Road just before 5pm, to ‘smoke issuing from the building’, according to a West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spokesman.
She said: “There was smoke coming from the electric junction box, on the ceiling.
“The power was isolated and the shop was evacuated. There was a water leak on the first floor which affected the electrics.
“The blaze was put out by 5.30pm.”
Two fire engines attended the incident.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.