This October is West Sussex Care Month.
The aim is to help local people access information and advice about care and support available in the county and help people stay independent for longer.
We all know it is easy to put off thinking about planning for our care but I hope people will take advantage of the month and find out more about planning for the future.
Look out for lots of information about care on the county council’s website, social media sites, at events around the county, in libraries, interviews on local radio, and in local publications.
There will be useful information:
- For residents who receive care
- For residents who care for someone
- Want to plan for the future
- Or would like a career in care.
We’ll also have information on the five ways to wellbeing – Connect, Be Active, Keep Learning, Take Notice and Give to Others– which can help support long, independent and healthy lifestyles. Throughout the month, there will be information on these simple steps that can aid the improvement of both your mental and physical wellbeing. We hope West Sussex Care Month will encourage people to start to think about care for later life. Even if you don’t need the information immediately for yourself or a loved one it is good to know where to turn when you do.
You can find out more information on our website at www.westsussex.gov.uk/caremonth
West Sussex County Council Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Health
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes
3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.