Is there a public forum for complaining about the appalling behaviour of this dreadful train company?
1. Example 18th October, the 16.12 London Bridge to Brighton and numerous intermediate stations. Arrives London Bridge circa 20 min late, the driver does not offer a word of apology. We get to Gatwick and sit there for circa 15 min, still no word from driver, we then get away again and go slow all the way to Brighton non-stop missing out all intermediate stations.
They put us all (about 50 people) on a train traveling north (a Southern train) no valid ticket to travel, and then the Southern driver confirms the train will be delayed getting away.
I get back to Balcombe at 18.40, should have been 16 58.
2. Example 19th October. The app on my phone tells me the 05.56 Balcombe to Bedford is on time when I get to the station the service has been cancelled (fault on the train) at 05.58 the service goes flying through Balcombe without stopping. I used the contact button on the platform and they told me because the service is late they leave out some stations.
This train company is in freefall - is there anything or anyone I can appeal to?
Brantridge Lane, Balcombe
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes
3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.